Let’s Walk Together at Aventura Mall
2-Mile Indoor Path
Doors open at 8:00 a.m.
Join The Mall Walking Club at Aventura Mall for a Healthier You!
Are you looking for a fun and convenient way to stay active and improve your overall well-being? Look no further than the Aventura Mall Walking Club! Walking the mall provides a comfortable, and enjoyable indoor walking experience that benefits participants of all ages and fitness levels. Doors open at 8 a.m. Walk the 2-mile indoor path, with the added benefit of air conditioning to provide you with the utmost comfort. No matter the weather outside, you can always count on Aventura Mall to help you get your steps in.
Sign up today to receive additional information, special programming and enjoy access to discounts and special offers from select stores within Aventura Mall.
Your body is your vehicle, so you have to keep your engine running when you work out. That means fueling up your body by eating the right foods and drinking the right fluids, in the right amounts at the right times.
Before: Fuel Up!
Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
- Hydrating with water.
- Eating healthy carbohydrates.
- Avoiding saturated fats.
- If you only have 5-10 minutes before you exercise, eat a piece of fruit such as an apple or banana.
During: Make A Pit Stop
Keep your body hydrated with small, frequent sips of water.
After: Refuel Your Tank
- Drink water, of course.
- In the 20-60 minutes after your workout, your muscles can store carbohydrates and protein as energy and help in recovery.
- Eat things with protein to help repair and grow your muscles.
5 Potential Benefits of Walking
If you’re under the impression that going for a walk doesn’t count as a legitimate workout, think again.
“Many people overlook walking as a form of exercise because it seems too simple,” says Sharon Gam, Ph.D., C.S.C.S., ACE-HC, a certified personal trainer and health coach who has a doctorate in exercise physiology. “The truth is that walking might be the best type of exercise, and the fact that it’s simple makes it achievable for almost everyone.”
- Walking Improves Heart Health
- Walking Helps to Manage Blood Sugar Levels
- Walking May Promote Better Sleep Quality
- Walking Can Boost Your Mental Health
- Walking Reduces Risk of Certain Chronic Illnesses
Tips For Choosing Walking Shoes
When shopping for walking shoes, look for these important features:
- Stability: A sturdy area around your heel keeps your foot from slipping
- Material: Look for uppers with some stretch, such as fabric
- Length: You need at least half and inch beyond your longest toe
- Space: Don’t crowd the toes, give them plenty of room with a wide toe box
- Cushioning: A soft inner sole relieves pressure on the foot
Here’s some additional advice for finding the right pair of walking shoes.
- Shop late in the day. Because your feet tend to expand by the end of the day, it’s best to try on new shoes when your feet are at their largest.
- Choose socks first. The thickness of your socks affects how your shoes fit, so find some you like and take them to the shoe store. Avoid 100% cotton socks, which stay damp if they get wet, setting you up for a blister. Synthetic or cotton-synthetic blends will wick away moisture.
- Give it a bend. Grab the toe and heel of a shoe and pull them toward each other. The shoe should bend easily at the ball of the foot. If it doesn’t, look for another style that does. The flexibility offers a greater range of motion and an easier push-off.
- Look for a low heel. Stay away from shoes with big bulky heels, which can hinder the natural rolling foot motion of walking and may make you more prone to tripping.
- Check for wiggle room. Allow at least one finger’s width between your longest toe and the front of your shoe, as your feet may swell more in warm weather and on longer walks.
- Take a test walk. To get a feel for the shoe, take a few laps around the store. Try on a few different brands, with one on each foot for a side-by-side comparison. If you notice any rubbing, discomfort, or sore spots, try a different pair.
Shop for athletic wear and sporting goods at Aventura Mall, for a full selection of shops please click here.