Summer is not the only season that has the cocktail game on lock. For every tasty, sunny day treat, there are two snuggle friendly concoctions that will have you sing winter’s praises. Try these top five recipes that are sugar and spice and everything nice.
1 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
1 c. eggnog
1 c. vodka
1 c. Kahlúa
2 tbsp. molasses, plus more for drizzling
Pinch ground ginger
Whipped cream, for topping
1. Wet rims of four cocktail glasses and dip in cinnamon sugar.
2. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add eggnog, vodka, Kahlúa, molasses, and ginger and shake to combine.
3. Pour into rimmed glasses. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with molasses before serving.
WERTHER’S HOT TODDIES
1/2 c. Caramel
10 Werther’s Candies, crushed
2 c. water
10 Werther’s Candies, whole
2 cinnamon sticks
1/3 c. lemon juice
4 oz. Whiskey or Bourbon
1. Place crushed Werther’s on a shallow plate, and caramel on a separate shallow plate. Dip rims first in caramel, and then in crushed Werther’s.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, Werther’s, and cinnamon sticks. Stir constantly until candies are fully melted. Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice and whiskey. Ladle into mugs and serve.
1 c. sweetened pomegranate juice
1 bottle champagne
Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
1. In champagne flutes, fill with 1/4 cup sweetened pomegranate juice and top off with champagne.
2. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
CANDY CANE KAHLUA HOT CHOCOLATE
1/2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 candy cane
3 tbsp. sipping chocolate
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 oz. Kahlua
In a saucepan over low heat, warm whole milk and heavy cream.
1. Add 1 candy cane and stir until melted.
2. Stir in sipping chocolate and vanilla extract.
3. Remove from heat, stir in Kahlua, and pour into glass.
4. Garnish with whipped cream and candy canes.
CRANBERRY CINNAMON WHISKEY SOUR
2 c fresh cranberries
2 c water
2 c sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
3/4 c bourbon or whiskey
1/2 c lemon juice
1/4 c orange juice
1/4 c lime juice
Ice cubes & cocktail shaker for mixing
1. In a medium-sized saucepan add cranberries, water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil over medium-high heat until the cranberries have burst open and can easily be stirred into the syrup.
2. Fit a large bowl with a fine mesh strainer and strain the simple syrup. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before using.
3. Add 3/4 cup simple syrup, whiskey, lemon juice, orange juice, lime juice, and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
A newsletter for the stylish and cultured. Sign up today!
I’ve accepted the Terms and Conditions.