Stay Active every day and enjoy an indoor mall walk. Doors open at 9 AM. The walk begins on the Lower Level, by Bloomingdale’s.
Your body is your vehicle, so you have to keep your engine running when you work out. That means fueling up your body by eating the right foods and drinking the right fluids, in the right amounts at the right times.
Before: Fuel Up!
Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
- Hydrating with water.
- Eating healthy carbohydrates.
- Avoiding saturated fats.
If you only have 5-10 minutes before you exercise, eat a piece of fruit such as an apple or banana.
During: Make A Pit Stop
Keep your body hydrated with small, frequent sips of water.
After: Refuel Your Tank
- Drink water, of course.
- In the 20-60 minutes after your workout, your muscles can store carbohydrates and protein as energy and help in recovery.
- Eat things with protein to help repair and grow your muscles.
11 Biggest Benefits of Walking to Improve Your Health, According to Doctors
“Walking is the number one exercise I recommend to most of my patients because it is very easy to do, requires nothing but a pair of tennis shoes, and has tremendous mental and physical benefits,”
Melina B. Jampolis, M.D., author of The Doctor on Demand Diet
- Improve your mood
- Burn calories and lose weight
- Reduce your risk of chronic disease
- Delay the onset of varicose veins
- Improve digestion
- Help accomplish your other goals
- Feel more creative
- Alleviate joint pain
- Boost your immunity
- Live longer
- Sleep better at night
10 Tips for Choosing Athletic Shoes
- Don’t make shoes multitask
- Know your foot
- Measure your foot frequently
- Shop toward the end of the day
- Bring your own socks
- Don’t believe in breaking in
- Use the rule of thumb
- Understand the bells and whistles
- Don’t over-or underpay
- Know when to replace them
Shop for athletic wear and sporting goods at Aventura Mall, for a full selection of shops please click here.